Filing Requirements for Australia & New Zealand
- Applicant details
- Representations of the mark
- Details of Goods and/or Services, preferably including the international class(es)
- Details of any basic application, including the goods and services
- If the mark includes non-English words a translation is required
- If the mark includes characters constituting words, and the characters are not roman (eg Japanese, Chinese, Korean characters, etc) a transliteration into roman letters and a translation into English is required
- Priority document (and verified translation) (NZ Only)
Minimum Filing Requirements
We require items 1, 2, 3 and 4 above.
For Australia the goods and/or services of the basic application need to be specified if the goods and/or services specified in the application are not identical.
For Australia a certified copy of any priority document (and verified translation) only needs to be filed if the Trade Marks Office requests a copy.
For New Zealand the certified copy of any priority document (and verified translation) only needs to be filed before acceptance.